Situated at the heart of the Udaipur city. The temple is dedicated to Lord Vishnu.
The temple has a three storied structure. The sanctum sanctorum is on the second floor; the idol is of four armed Vishnu carved out of a single piece of Blackstone.
The Indo-Aryan architecture of the temple with intricate carvings on pillars is noteworthy. The temple is a wonder of architecture that comprises beautifully carved pillars, decorated ceilings, painted walls and lush halls.
The Maharaja of Udaipur, Maharana Jagat Singh built this temple in 1651 AD.